How Leaders Survive and Thrive in a Turbulent Business Environment?
Succeeding in Brazil is tougher still! It is one of the most turbulent economies in the world, nevertheless huge opportunities can still be seized.
In any market in the world, it is difficult to make profit, yet alone sustain superior performance within the energy sector. Customers demand more for less, renegotiate contracts in a unilateral manner, and even cancel them. Companies operating in Brazil face a series of obstacles:
- The so-called “Custo Brazil” that make doing business there much harder than in other countries
- High tax burden
- The scarcity and high cost of capital
Executives in Brazil are like skiers dropped by helicopter on the top of the Mount Everest. They have limited visibility into the future and must react quickly to a constantly changing environment.
Despite these obstacles, an elite group of companies are set to not only survive, but actually to thrive during the turbulence, by quickly and effectively responding to shocks.
We, at BRASCA, have extensive hands-on experience to help any manager, executive or investor in a turbulent environment. We do not, however, offer the false promise of easy solutions. The recommendations we make to our customers are:
- Concrete and doable, but not easy solution (more zig-zag rather than linear)
- Constant vigilance and continuous improvement
- In a turbulent market, “only the paranoid survive”, as stated by Andrew Grove, former Chairman of INTEL.
May 02-05, 2016 - OTC Houston. Read more
Feb. 03-05, 2016 - Subsea Expo, Aberdeen. Read more
Joint Call Research Council of Norway and FINEP. Read more
Prosperity Fund, UK: Brazil 2016 Bid Round is now Open. Read more
Happy New Year! 2016 is coming with new challenges. We have to nail them!
Read past news here!